Πέμπτη, 27 Μαρτίου 2014

The Vans Project


I've been trying to finish this project for the last two weeks. It doesn't seem much but for some reason (me, being useless in crafts maybe) it took longer than expected.

I wanted to transform my Vans for quite a while, as I had them since I was 16 years old and was a little over them. I went on and purchased some Marabu Textil Fabric paint in citrone and purple and a tub of Marabu Textil Plus in white - I went a little crazy with it, it would be more than ok with the small container.

First I covered the shoes with two layers of the white paint - or as much is needed for the black not to peek through - and then I  let them air dry until the fabric was no longer sticky. Then I proceeded in painting them in the colours I wanted. It took two to three layers of each to make it vibrant and opaque and in between I had to let the shoes dry completely. The last step is to iron the fabric over a thin cloth so it becomes permanent.

The ending result is just perfect for me, as I feel like I just got new shoes (yay)!! The colours are just perfect for spring and I cannot wait to wear them!!